The Viper King, or Subject Gamma, is a singular alien enemy encountered within the Alien Hunters DLC for XCOM 2.
He is a particular, and way more highly effective, Viper alien and is the primary and weakest Alien Ruler to be encountered.
Like different rulers, he performs one motion after each motion made by any XCOM squad member, throughout a particular “Ruler Reaction” part.
- He can use Tongue Pull like different Vipers, binding a soldier with a fifty p.c probability to knock them unconscious with each tick.
- As others Vipers, he may use an area-of-effect breath capability however as a substitute of poison, he spits out a cloud of fuel which freezes items caught in it for 2 turns.
- He will summon a psionic rift after a couple of turns, or after taking an excessive amount of injury, and try to flee. If he does so, XCOM will encounter him once more in a future mission, with the remaining well being he had when he escaped.
- Completing the Viper King Autopsy unlocks the Serpent Suit, an armor based mostly on his look and talents.
- He is the primary and solely male Viper encountered.
- Once killed, the outline mentions that he was already reproducing with the feminine Vipers, regardless of being solely not too long ago hatched.
- There is a glitch the place for those who kill the Viper King the mission you encounter him, you’ll not get the corpse.
- Ending turns is not going to set off the defrost tick on Alien rulers. This makes it potential to utterly shut down a ruler by solely attacking with Lightning Hands and ending turns to refresh the cooldown.